Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bringing Order


After moving house, my comic book (or graphic novel or trade paperback, whatever) collection has become unordered. Sinéad is away for a couple of days next week and I am planning on sorting it out.

The question of ordering CDs/DVDs/Books comes up quite frequently and tends to be a male phenomenon, at least men seem to take this stuff more seriously. So I throw the question open to you the blogs modest readership: How do you order your stuff?

My preference is by genre, then chronologically by author. I have seen music collections organised this way (my own was alphabetical, but now has progressed to random) and have been impressed. In fact this was mostly the way my comic book collection was ordered, but I keep running into difficulty ordering the ordered genres.

I have heard a case for ordering DVDs by studio, this translates to comic books publisher (e.g DC v Marvel) and I like the idea, but should my order run publisher -> genre -> author -> chronological or genre -> publisher -> author -> chronological?

Suggestions welcome.

No comments: