Monday, June 30, 2008

Store Bags.

Recently I have noticed women walking around town using store bags instead or in place of handbags. Two of the more prevalent are La Senza & Myla. Now for folks that don't know, these are both lingerie stores, albeit from different ends of the market.

Yep, you'll get noticed. Presumably that's the point.

  • A La Senza bag says: "I like dirty, cheap, nasty underwear. And thrush."
  • A Myla bag says: "I like dirty, expensive, tasty underwear."

    BTW, I am more bemused than disapproving. I am going to start carring a couple of bags around myself.

  • A Jockey bag says: "I like tighty whities, Beckham wears them now so that makes it OK, but I'm probably married all the same."
  • A Calvin Klien bag says: "I spend too much on underwear, but these are sexy, yes? Is this 1995?"

    I can make it work, right?
  • 1 comment:

    Sinéad said...

    I have been guilty of re-using the BTs bag on several occassions. Wouldn't be seen dead carrying a La Senza bag. If necessary (i.e. if I was on an errand for someone else), I'd stuff the La Senza bag into a Dunne's bag, or even Penny's!
    I think it would be a far more interesting social experiment if you were to carry around La Senza and Myla bags (not at the same time, obviously. That would defeat the purpose of the experiment) and monitor what you think people are thinking about you carrying the bags.
    * (Myla) His wife is naughty, but has good taste
    * (La Senza) His girlfriend is a dirty ho, bet she's loadsa fun in the sack (when she hasn't got thrush)
    * (Myla) Silk. Niiiiiice.
    * (La Senza) Nylon. Zaaaap!
    * (Myla or La Senza) Has he bought that for himself?