Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Xhersize


Hey there. I have spending a lot of time exercising recently, mostly as part of a get-fit buzz but with a couple of extra carrots. As a result I am soon to breach the -20lb (9KG) mark. I'll let you know, Im gonna be eating cake that day.

I am concentrating on a few things:

1. Running a marathon in 2009

This isn't going to happen, so I suppose I am not really concentrating on it at all. I can happily run 5-6kms without too much bother, but running really doesn't do that much for me. It's useful as a means to an end (that end being weight-loss), but I haven't really got the will to push it up to 40kms. One day soon I think I'll run 10k just for the laugh, but that's as far as it goes. Sinead is the runner.

2. Swimming the Channel in relay

This has more legs (bada-boom, tish!). My swimming isn't all that strong, getting better sure, but still far short of where it needs to be. I am getting involved in Total Immersion training in October, with a view to transferring the skills to other members of the team. The coaching aspect of this is a little daunting to me. Sinead doesn't think so though, and she's probably right. I am going to do the training and work on the drills and see if I can pass it on to the rest of the team. Have a sea-swim planned for this weekend in donegal. Brr-Cold.

3. Triathalons

Definitely going to do a couple of Triathalons in the new year. Need to increase all my times (Swimming, cycling, running). A little worried about running on the road (danger of shin-splints ouchy). I will looking into getting a new bike too, my poor old mountain bike isn't really up to the task. More on this in the new year. Going to do some serious concentrating on this in conjunction with the swimming.

4. Weights

My Weight training started this afternoon with an abs class. This is going to be a long journey. Looking forward to adding a bit of definition, not looking forward to the pain. Going to be tricky to fit it in around everything else, but we'll see.

Gosh, boring blog entry what?

No comments: