Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Life's Mulligan

Growing old. Sore knee
Years pass. High BP.
Looking back. Missed chances.
Moan and whine. Fuck you Time!

Broken I sigh, ‘Where’s my Mulligan?’.
Flash of lighting. Crashing thunder.
‘Ok’ God booms, ‘You can have this chance’.
‘This one opportunity. To redo life’s dance.’
So off I head, flash crash in time.
At precisely eighty-eight. The clock destroyed.

Enjoying different school. Fearless. Education.
Playing sport. Win or Lose, Participation.
Picking a job I like. More career challenge.
Setting tougher goals, I know I’ll manage.
Meeting more people, not TV sets.
6 Billion friends I haven’t met.
Travelling the world or some at least
So much to see, horizons to breach.
Playing some music, trying to entertain.
Being in front, fear not shame.

So while living my new life, do you know what I’ve found?
That I can actually hear the same old sound.
The knock knock knocking of opportunity missed.
With so much more done, and yet I still feel pissed.
Its apparently one of life’s little conditions.
No matter how much you have, there’s always ambition.

So watch out now, here comes cold water.
Do-over gone, back where we started.
But I see the answers quite clearly now.
A route forward. Solutions abound.

Past mistakes do not provide.
Reason enough to duck and hide.
So histories dreams will be revived
I hereby declare my life alive.


No comments: