Friday, August 27, 2004

Pet Hates Part I

A few things have been getting on my wick recently so I decided to start the pet hates list, slowly this list will possibly grow and grow with time, feel free to add your own into the comments, they might get included in further posts….

Shutting down NT4 Computers
In Windows NT4 when you select shut down computer after a short while a little dialog appears on screen saying it is now safe to turn off your computer and also presents you with a reboot button. I hate it when people leave the computer turned on, screen turned on displaying this dialog box, what’s the point in it. You’re computer is consuming just as much electricity and your going to get screen burn because the screen saver can’t kick in. Either Shut it down properly or leave it on.

Going Large in Fast Food Restaurants
I hate it when I order a combo meal (Drink, Burger, Chips) in a fast food restaurant and the first thing you’re asked is “would you like to go large for an extra XX cent”. If I wanted a large combo meal I would have asked for it in the first place!

Spanish Student's walking habits
Every summer they invade the streets of our Irish Towns and Cities, but why do they have to walk everywhere arm in arm in packs of 30 or more. If you meet them coming in the opposite direction on a busy street watch out you ain’t getting through here buddy, you have to stand aside while the wave of Spanish youth passes you by. Have they ever heard of single file or two by two.

No comments: