Thursday, December 23, 2004

You can't make this shit up.





Including 16 page booklet outling the history of 'The Troubles'

This is the Day
The Patriot Game
The Song of Partition
Chidren of Fear
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Plastic Bullets
The Men Behind the Wire
The Lough Sheelin Eviction
Go Home Bristish Soldiers
Danny Boy (The Derry Air)
Star of the County Down
In Belfast
Up the Border
The Green Glens of Antrim
The Old Orange Flute
The Old Brigade Dance Medley
The Old Brigade / On the One Road /
The Broad Black Brimmer/Celtic Symphony
Disc 2

Lament for the lost
We Shall Overcome
You’ll Never Beat the Irish Part III
Tyrone
Must Ireland Divided Be
Song of Liberty
The Orange and the Green
Long Kesh
The Sash Me Father Wore
Fermanagh Love Song
Hills of Glenswilly
Joe Mc Donnell
County of Armagh
Guildford Four
Billy Reid
Up the Rebels Dance Medley
Teddy Bears Head / Helicopter Song
Sean South / A Nation Once Again

The Wolfe Tones have a new 2CD album out for christmas. This really really is beyond parody. "Plastic Bullets?" Catchy! I liked the name so much I went I found the lyrics. I imagine that it is sung the same tune as the rest of their shit.

Plastic Bullets

So you divided up my land
Six counties stayed in England's hand
And so you take my home
But you cannot take my mind
Then you tried to keep me down
With your tanks and guns in my streets and towns
And you shoot your plastic bullets
To keep your plastic state

(Chorus)
In Ireland's troubled land
Each decade brings its rebel band
And forces of the crown
They try to bring them down
But the flowers will bloom again
And the people they will rise again
And then you shot him down
So all the world could see

Does it matter how you kill
You make the rules it is your will
But let your plastic bullets
To kill it's all the same
Oh I could not believe my eyes
You took those young lads by surprise
The way you shot them down
That day in Derry town

(Chorus)

Oh some justice we did seek
A place for all to live in peace
An island in the sea
Where people could be free
But you can not be proud
The way you shot him to that ground
A nightmare you shot them down
That night in Belfast town

(Chorus)

Then shoot me, shoot me down
Because I made my colors known
And I heard the mercy cry
Where people in fear do lie
In anger then he ran
With the banner stick all in his hand
And then you shot him down
And all the world could see

The day you shot Séan Dowd
That day in Belfast town

Available in all good record stores, and all shit ones too. Except on the Shankhill road, or maybe Lurgan.

No comments: