Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Respond


Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for my mail yesterday, it was unreasonably rude.

In general I have an issue with additional charges for public services. I think that this will become a headache for Irish Rail, and people will go back to local estates/roadside to park. Perhaps you have been working with local councils on this, because disc parking/double yellows will be the only way to stop it. People are cheap.

Allowing for 48 working weeks at €5, €240 a year is a lot of money to add on to the €980 that I pay for my annual ticket. Perhaps the parking charges can be added to your taxsaver.ie program?

Still, it's coming in to summer and I have a bike. Maybe I should get off my fat ass and use it.

Regards,
Conor

1 comment:

Steve said...

Irish Rail are a shower of wankers as I have experienced first hand as well..

Fair flucks for sending them an email and as is typical they dont do anything.