Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Triathlon

A couple of chaps in work are running in the Dublin City Triathlon. I half-heartedly said I'd give it a go.

There are a couple of issues around this (always with the excuses)

  • I am a fat fuck
  • I have young children
  • I have no runners
  • I have a shit bike
  • I have no wetsuit
  • I have taken no serious exercise in 15 years

    So, if I am going to take this seriously here's the plan:

  • Buy runners. Make sure that they cost more than the bike.
  • Ride the bike I have
  • Buy a wetsuit
  • Run small distances at night
  • Cycle to work
  • Swim
  • Swim in a river

    That's it eh? Willpower required. Lots and lots and lots. We'll see, I'm not very hopeful.
  • 2 comments:

    Gerry said...

    Lidl had a special on wetsuits (3mm neoprene, suited for a triathalon). However they only go up to XXL, not large enough for your fat ass.....

    I have a better excuse, I can't swim.

    I'd recommend getting your feet measured, there's this mat thing you walk across and a computer tells you which shoes to blow a mortgage on. If nothing else it's fun in a limited definition of fun.

    Now get off your arse and get running.

    If you do manage to complete it I'll donate €50 to whatever charity you're doing it for. Just not the "Con heads to McDonalds Charitable Association"

    Niall said...

    Your nuts to even attempt it, at least Q is fit enough to try, you'll kill yourself....