Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Metro 2


So I go another letter published in the Metro. They copy edited it quite heavily, getting rid of some of the more..um..questionable sentiment:

Original:
So, some guy is labelled "rude" for asking someone to move their bag on the train? I whole-heartedly support the bloke in this situation, and would question who was being uncivil. Nothing makes the red mist descend quicker then a seat reserved for a bag: hand, school, gym or other. If all the 'first' seats are gone on the train, the seat with the bag will draw me to it like a homing beacon, and I'll ask you to move it so I can sit down. I know a number of other guys who do the same thing, a good affirmative action making a point about anti-social behaviour. So there you have it, if you don't want my fat ass sitting beside you, keep that seat bag-free.

Metro:
So, some guy is labelled "rude" for asking someone to move their bag on the train? I support the bloke in this situation. Nothing makes the red mist descend quicker then a seat reserved for a bag, hand, school, gym or other. If all the 'first' seats are gone on the train, the seat with the bag will draw me to it like a homing beacon, and I'll ask you to move it so I can sit down. I know other guys who do the same thing. So there, if you don't want my fat ass sitting beside you, keep that seat bag-free.

No comments: