Friday, July 09, 2004

A Greek Tragedy

Below is an genuine article from yesterdays Irish Times

Madam, - I was visiting your beautiful country when my country, Greece,
fought its way into the European cup final by bravely defeating the
favoured Czech Republic. On the following day, Friday, July 2nd, I
travelled from Cork to Rosslare.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find that almost the entire route -
especially between the towns of Youghal and New Ross - was gloriously
festooned with the blue and white colours of Greece!

Such overwhelming support of one small country for another brought tears of
joy to my eyes. I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude to the Irish
people for making this Greek feel so at home at such an important time for
his country. - Yours, etc.,

MANOLIS ANDROPOULOS, Athens, Greece.

Go on the Deise

No comments: