Friday, July 16, 2004

Search me out? - A competition

Post three tonight as I wait for stuff to happen in work (dammit computers, work faster).  I was looking over the referrers section in my site stats and saw that a random internet punter hit the site quite by accident.  He used an MSN search engine and put in "Google Medicals in Kent" and got us.
 
This got me thinking.  I use google's free hosting on blogspot, fair enough.  I happen to have some webspace and a domain, and must really get off my ass and transfer the blog to its new home.  Try as I might I cannot google this site as it stands at the moment, but I can reference it from MSN instantly.  I think that google block blogspot hosted sites (they say not), or maybe I just need to fork up the cash to get higher up the results (google deny they do this).
 
So,  a competition.  First person to google this site and get a return on the first page of results, posting the terms they used in a comment, gets a crate of beer off me (postage not included, will deliver Dublin area only).   You are not allowed use the word "blogspot" in you search, or type the URL or be a cheating spanner.
 
My beer is safe.
 


No comments: