Tuesday, March 09, 2004

6th March 2004

Hey,

I've been keeping a travel log of sorts since I left home and my original intention was to blog it as I went. Of Course by now its become so long and windy that I'd spend all day
in cybercafes trying to type it up.

So Instead I offer Travel Babble.

I've done about a week by now and its mostly been good stuff. Bangkok was fine, the hotel was great, the food everywhere is top class. Lots of shiny temples with golden buddhas, lots and lots of people selling lot and lots of crap. Its certainly a place that makes you suspicious of everyone. Everyone wants you for something.

Highlight was probably the Muai thai boxing (including a couple of cracking knockouts)

Left Bangkok for Cambodia via a combination of Taxi/Bus/Tuk-Tuk and Moto Bike. The poipet border crossing is a toilet which I was glad to get through.

I've spent the last two days templing. I have a moto tout who brings me from temple to temple. In the main its been very good. Cambodia is certainly an easier place to get to talk to people and there are loads of solo travellers about the place.

My room is a $8 dump which just about fits the bill. One more day of this and then its
off to Pnomh Penh. Am toying with the idea of treating myself to a proper shower when
I get there

Michael

PS : If the dates one some of these posts look odd, its because thats the dates I wrote
them ( In travel log thingy) , but am only getting to post them now.

No comments: