Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Et tu Brute?


I am one of the worst shoppers in the world.

• I buy washed, peeled, pre-packaged vegetables, at a massive mark up
• I don’t look at prices
• I impulse buy
• I go to the supermarket hungry
• I have a compulsive addiction to try new salad dressings
• I like a glass of wine with dinner

Here is a typical receipt; food for two dinners for two people, if I am lucky. Maybe I can eek three dinners out of it. The economics are still bad.



Based on the ingredients above here is my recipe for “Con’s summer Caesar salad” Cooking time ~15mins.

Take two bowls
Add half of baby leaf and half of lambs leaf lettuce
Add some dry roasted peanuts to lettuce(if you have them handy, and who doesn’t?)
Cook 4 strips of streaky bacon in pan until very crispy, leave to cool
Cut the chicken fillets down the centre and fry until brown using the same pan
Place chicken and bacon on top of lettuce
Add generous shavings of parmesan (potato peeler good here)
Add Caesar dressing, I recommend Cardinis – nice and peppery. If you can’t get this Newman’s Caesar will do Suppose you could make your own.

Serve while chicken is still warm.

No comments: