Tuesday, June 08, 2004

If you ever find yourself lost in North London...

I moved to Dublin four years ago from London (I had been a bit of a wanderer as a child..lived in both cities)..well anyway I hadn't noticed how much less I used slang since I moved to Dublin until it was pointed out to me recently...now this is not the apples and pears slang of hollwood but real everyday rubbish... no wonder my mother would complain she couldn't understand me sometimes ....

Pants Pulled - a financially unsatisfactory transaction ie 'I had my pants pulled on the 2-30 at kempton'
Penguin - a person ..usually politician with rigid beliefs ..usually of the old Tory school ie 'Tebbit is a right penguin' ..picture a penguin walking …rod in the ass
Pete Tong - its gone wrong ie 'It's all gone pete tong' … see also titanic,pear-shaped
Spanish Archer - when you get dumped by a woman ie 'he's a spanish archer ' - think about it … El Bow…
Dalek - muslim woman in full burka…
Moped - a woman you wouldn't like your mates to see you with -- see also tripple bagger …
Ten-to Twoer - girl you pick up last thing at night in a club …back in the days when the slow dancing started at ten to two …
The plot - your local geograpical location ..usage 'rozzer on the plot' -- there is a constable nearby
Barnet - Hair
High Barnet - Big Hair.

No comments: