Monday, February 13, 2006

Finally

The Day finally arrived, we've moved into the new house. After being homeless since 12th August 2005 we finally moved into the house on 28th January 2006.

After the usualy few days of unpacking the essentials I turned my attention to more important matters, my home cinema setup !!!

After much effing and blinding I got the projector mounted to the ceiling and aligned correctly and it only took me 2 attempts to get it right. I was then all ready to plug in the DVD PLayer using the HDMI cable I'd run only to discover I need a special M1 to HMDI adapter for my Infocus 5700 projector. A quick call to my home cinema installer friend and I had the adaptor 2 days later. Connected up my DVD Player and configured it to upscale the DVD player to 720p and I have to say the results are amazing the picture quality is fantastic. I'm getting a projected image of 74" which isn't too bad. Next thing I need now is funds to invest in my motorised screen instead of my white wall to improve picture quality.

I then proceed to try and solder the phono plugs onto the cables I'd run for my Subwoofer only for the bloody soldering iron to stop working. I just bought new soldering iron at lunch time so I'll let you know how I get on trying to solder 16 phono plugs tonight. (In case your wondering the break down is as follows:

Connection Type Leads No of Conns Total
Component 3 2 6
Composite 1 1 1
Sub Woofer 1 1 1
----
Sub total 8

Both sides of cables x 2
------
Total phono plugs to be soldered 16

I also setup a nice remote room link for controlling all the kit which is in a closet in the hall.

I fired up Stars Wars Episode III on the system last night and the opening sequence is pretty good test of the system and I can safely say it was no let down, apart from the sub not being connected in yet I wasn't disappointed.

I'll keep you posted on my soldering exploits !!!!

No comments: