Friday, October 01, 2004

And now the end is near

So yesterday was the last day of the game fishing season .... to celebrate Conor and myself had the day off work and spent the remaining hours on the Boyne fishing for trout ....

Among the days highlights were Conor's first salmon (well a parr ... hehehehhe) ... I lost a box of flies and broke my rod (oeer) and we yet again managed to provide more proof that we live in the matrix ..

There is a famous fisherman called Peter O'Reilly..who lives in Navan ...writes lots of books on where to fish in Ireland ...and a coule on what flies to use ...well strangely as we were heading off the water we met him at kilcarn bridge ...didn't recognise him at all .... like all fishermen he's a sociable chap ...exchanged a few words on the days fishing ... I disparaged his choice of dry fly and exulted in my choice of wet fly .... Conor learly lost a ball laughing his head off in the pub later on ... I actually had his book in my hand as I was consulting it that very morning ...

No comments: