Thursday, May 25, 2006

No Immunity from Defamation and Libel.

Reading the front page of my free "you’re an IT Professional" ComputerScope. I am told that you can be prosecuted for defaming people on your blog in Ireland. Not being stupid I already new this. Commentators beware, you are also libel for what you write. Now, I think that my blog is satire. Heavy-handed, ill thought-out satire, but satire all the same. Still, to cover my bases, I’d like to clear some things up:

TicketMaster who were cleared by the Irish competition authority, are probably an ethical company, or least have some sort of ethical company policy on their intranet. They engage in normal business practice, and are entitled to do whatever they want within the eyes of the law. Any allusions or quotes that I may have used about them being unethical, greedy, money grabbing bastards were for humorous purposes only, and probably don’t reflect the truth.

Some people who are not complete morons may not get "The Da Vinci Code" movie. They may be taking acid, be drunk or in shock.

Not all psychics are "bead-laden taffeta-clad behemoths and tank-top wearing weeds," and the guy who took my photo was not fat, by some people’s standards.

Sky do not "make news up," I least I think they don’t, I don’t watch Sky news. I presume people would sue them if they did. I am not encouraging people to sue Sky, or watch Sky News. Not that I’d know because I don’t watch Sky News. Not because they make stuff up or anything, it’s just too far down the channel list.

Shannen Doherty is not a "Mad Bitch," she has issued statements to this effect. Go read them.

Ryan Air should not change their name to "Council House Airlines"

God has never issued a statement from heaven (post old-testament), that I am aware of. Plenty of others may say otherwise.

The Harp Bar was not "…a secret eugenic extraction facility to purify the essence of human scum…"

Mariah Carey does not keep a guy in her bedroom to blow cocaine up her ass. Why would she do that? C’mon why? Nor indeed, to my knowledge, does she take any drugs, either orally, nasally or anally.

50 First Dates is not about Adam Sandler on a quest to rape and psychologically abuse Drew Barrymore. It’s actually a light hearted comedy, and oh so funny.

I didn’t enjoy Riverdance. It was actually shit. In my opinion, not in others.

So there you go. Don't sue.

No comments: