Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pay Scales for "Pedigree"



After making the below, and my mind refusing to let it go, I started looking at how much we'd need to make our movie.

James Spader as the lead? He did Secretary for $400k + % profits. Not bad, but this doesn't have "arthouse" written all over it. Say $5m James? You’re hardly in demand.

Robin Wright Penn. $2m. Ok.

Dakota Fanning. $3m and rising. Still within budget.

Daniel Craig. Eek. Probably looking for $20m now he’s Bond. Try to negotiate a pre-bond fee of $2m

Billy Zane. $2m apparently. Fair enough.

Jason Lee. $3m. $3 million??? Ok. You are playing me.

Helena Bonham Carter. No idea how much she asks for. Let’s say $3m.

Shirley McLaine. Normally looks for percentage. Let’s say $3m?

Robert Redford. $11m. No way Rob. Maybe you can produce it like A River Runs Through It, and waive your fee. Or percentage? We’ll have to see if Paul Newman is available. He’s the same price? Rutgar Hauer it is so…

Shannen Doherty, Carrie-Anne Moss and Andrew McCarthy. $1 a piece.

So, excluding Rob Redford who were hoping will work for free, the actor wage bill comes to: $23 million. I don’t think I can put this on my credit card. I think we’ll just have to play ourselves, or hire Australians looking for a visa.

No comments: