Thursday, February 12, 2004

Envelope? Sealed bids please.

I work in a medium sized company, 120 employees. When someone leaves, gets married, has a baby, retires or supports a cause an envelope gets sent around. This is usually an internal envelope that you put your name on, with a flag; paid or returned. Without further ado, here is my envelope scale by category:

Leavers:
My department €5
My team €10
Rest of company €0
Leaves to go to a higher paid job than me -€5

Married:
My department €10
My team €20
Rest of company €0 - €5

Wedding present scale:
Wedding invitation €150 - €200*
Afters invitation – See married envelope scale
*average

Has a baby or retires:
My department €5
My team €10
Rest of company €0

Supports a cause:
Cancer, leukaemia €20
Irish charity, SVP etc €10
Third world charity €5
Girl guides, go walking in the Andes €0

If you are thinking about sending around an envelope, please consult my scale before bothering to leave it on my desk. If the card arrives around, I will not sign it if I have not donated. Clear? Clear.

No comments: