Thursday, February 12, 2004

The Insomniac Eye - Bad City Orange

Last night, I was continuing to sleep badly. During my insomnia, I began to think about how city children are being deprived of the colour blue. Try not sleeping, you’ll see that thoughts like this are completely normal.

Allow me to explain.

The human eye is made up of rods and cones. The rods, which we have lots of, are responsible for the bulk of our vision, but are not sensitive to colour. These rods, while only useful for black and white sight, are responsible for peripheral vision and motion detection. They are also responsible for night vision, and that’s ultimately where I am going with this.
The cones, are responsible for your colour vision. You don’t have very many of these and they are concentrated right in the middle of your eye. They work off the primary colour (light) spectrum. Red, green and blue. The percentage breaks down as "red"(64%), "green" (32%), and "blue"(2%). The blue are the most sensitive, but there are very few of them. Current theory is that there is a blue amplifier in the brain to make up for the lack of blue rods in your eye.

Fascinating I’m sure.

Lying in bed last night, all I could see was orange. When I was growing up in the country, lying in bed at night all I could see was blue. The orange is being caused by streetlamps, the blue caused by the ultra-sensitive blue rods in my eyes making the best of a low light situation. City Vs Country.

Current trends in colour therapy will tell you that these two colours stimulate entirely different chakras in the body, the blue chakra is in the throat, the orange chakra is in the sacral, or groinal region. The blue promotes calm, the orange is more dynamic. City councils are subliminally programming our children to be hyperactive sex machines. Can it be long before we see the government recommend the use of orange night lights in the country? Try leaving a glass of water on your window sill at night to solarize it, first in the city with orange, then in the country with blue. Feed to it your children, mark the difference, reverse the programming before it is too late.

I need more sleep.

No comments: